I’m calling it finished (for now anyway!):
The background proved to be a bit much for the technique I used… it almost has a life of its own with all of that “swirly” stuff going on. Pretty sure I’d try something different next time…
The somewhat dramatic result reminds me of the scratchboard I did in school: black india ink was painted over a special paper which had a layer of white china clay adhered to it. A special tool was then used to scratch away the black ink where one wanted white to be seen. The process of subtracting black rather than adding it (as in pen and ink drawing) was a challenging exercise. To see lots of wonderful examples of this technique, just Google “scratchboard art”.
Next up… another flower drawing, I think. (I told you I have flowers on the brain!)
Have a wonderful weekend!